Beth's Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

>> Friday, October 14, 2011



When my younger sister finished high school, she came to live with me and my little girls for a time, and she brought with her a lively interest in food. One of the many easy, cheap, and delicious recipes she invented was this cheesy potato soup. It's perfect First Apartment Food: it costs nearly nothing and takes 30 minutes to make, and it's very filling. In fact, I made the soup one night when my parents were visiting and we had less than an hour to cook and eat before leaving for a charity event. My stepdad was stunned at how quickly I whipped it together!

Like many good soup recipes, it lends itself to all kinds of variations. Have fun with it and make it your own!

Ingredients
5 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups fat free milk
1 cup sharp cheddar or swiss cheese
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions


Dice potatoes and onions. Simmer on high heat with garlic in chicken stock until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Pour in milk and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with salad and bread, and top soup bowls with green onions.

Makes 4 main dish servings.

2 comments:

Jenny B October 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM  

I am loving this recipe! I included it in a roundup of potato soup recipes over at Honeyandbirch.com :) Thank you for sharing.

Angela Williams Duea October 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM  

Thanks, for including it, Jenny! Hope others enjoy it too.

Post a Comment

Talk to us - we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP