Domaine DuPage French Style Country Ale

>> Wednesday, June 19, 2013


Domaine DuPage French Style Country Ale


I can't even count the number of times I've felt blessed that I have daughters, but last week I was feeling richly blessed yet again. Jessie, my oldest, had given me a gift certificate for a manicure & pedicure on Mothers' Day; as soon as her summer break began, I went down to the city to have a spa day and lunch with her. Wednesday was the day before my birthday, which meant more presents and cards and love. I love my mother-daughter time.


Angela & Jessie, Mothers' Day at Cafe Ba-Ba-Ree-Ba



(I take the WORST cell phone photos)


Jessie got turquoise polish on her fingers and coral on her toes; my nails were the opposite, and the nail tech put a little glitter on my fourth fingers as a little birthday gift. Then we went over to Opart Thai on Western Avenue for lunch. It's a BYOB place with a liquor store next door. Jessie suggested I try Domaine DuPage French Style Country Ale.

Jessie and her boyfriend Erich are talented bartenders who are quite smart about beer, as is Joe, who worked in the restaurant industry for much of his life. I can never keep the latest beers straight in my mind, but I do remember the styles and types that I like...and I'm very picky. Nothing too hoppy or bitter or sulphur-y (like Heineken and that one with the busty girl on the label). I can count on the rest of my crew to suggest a beer that fits my mood, fruity or crisp or malty-caramel.

Domaine DuPage is a mild amber medium-bodied ale, just the right choice with great Pad Thai and BBQ beef skewers, full of caramel and malt but still refreshing. The bottle has this to say about the beer:
"This food-friendly ale is deep amber in color, with a toasty, sweet caramel start. It finishes with just enough hops to clean off the palate. Bon appetit!"
and
"Two Brothers is a craft brewery on the outskirts of Chicago that specializes in rare and seldom-brewed beer styles. The two of us - Jason and Jim Ebel - strive to produce the very best beers available anywhere. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!"

BeerAdvocate rates it at 86, with an overall score of 91 - if you can figure that out, you're a better woman than I. Anyway, I strongly recommend that you look for this and have one for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us - we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP